Friday, July 20, 2012

Parmesan Garlic Buttermilk Dressing and Dip


This creamy fresh homemade dressing/dip was one of the favorites in my family restaurant. It is also the base  for a sandwich that was a 'best seller' which I will be sharing soon. 



Tonight I drizzled it over a slice of  Heart of Romaine, fresh baby spinach, white corn and a freshly picked English cucumber. I also had some Alfalfa sprouts which I always enjoy garnishing with due to its airy, grass-like appearance....it also tastes divine.
This is also a fabulous dip !! I add some extra Parmesan Cheese when I use it this way.




Parmesan Garlic Buttermilk Dressing/Dip

This makes approx 4 cups of dressing 

Ingredients

1 1/4 cups Buttermilk
2 cups Mayonnaise
1 tbsp Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese [not the powdered concoction sold for spaghetti please !]
1 tbsp Minced Fresh Garlic

Directions

How easy is this....Mix all ingredients in a bowl using a whisk to combine !!
Refrigerate for at least one hour, longer is preferred, to allow all the flavours to infuse.






I hope you enjoy using this dressing in all sorts of ways....on salads, sandwiches, as a dip !






Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment